School Of Nursing
1. What is the HESI A²?
HESI A² FAQ’s –
Hesi A² – HESI stands for Health Education Systems, Inc., and A² stands for Admission Assessment. However, most people just call it the HESI. It’s not the name that’s so important about this exam, but what it does. HESI A² is used as an entrance examination, but it’s also a diagnostic and screening tool as well.
HESI A² Video Review
HESI A² Practice Tests
Other HESI study resources we recommend
- HESI A² Study Guide – Available for purchase on Amazon.
- Math Dude – YouTube channel
- HESI A² Pocket Prep App – Available for purchase on the App Store or Google Play Store.
- Khan Academy – (Free, online study resource) – SAT Prep: Algebra, Reading & Writing.
- 5 Hacks to the HESI A² Entrance Exam
- HESI Exam Review
- Test Anxiety Tips
2. The Importance of a HESI A² Practice Test
Making great scores on the HESI can make a huge difference in helping you secure admission to the Nursing program. However, a poor score can hinder your chances of being accepted. In most cases, you will be able to take the HESI up to (3) times in one year. Generally, people who retake the HESI will have an entirely different version of the test on their retakes and won’t see any questions they’ve seen before. So trying to review specific questions you’ve failed, won’t work. We highly suggest putting in some serious study time before taking your exam. The best study plan is to review regularly and thoroughly, starting well before your exam date. Then, prior to your exam, take a practice test to find out where you stand. This way you’ll be able to discover which areas you need to brush up on while you still have time to make improvements.
3. What sections of the HESI A² will I take?
Math, Reading comprehension (meaning word use, conclusions, implications, and understanding), Grammar, and Vocabulary.
4. How many questions are in each section and how long do I have to take the exam?
There are approximately 50-60 questions in each section and you will have (4) hours to complete the exam.
5. Is there a minimum score?
Yes, the requirement for Beal University is 75% in each section.
6. How many times can I take the HESI A²?
The HESI may be taken up to (3) times in one year. If you are taking the exam for a second or third time and did not earn at least 95% in each section, we recommend taking all sections again. We always take the highest score, so you can only improve your chances!
7. How long do I have to wait between attempts?
An applicant must wait (3) weeks between test dates.
8. Do my HESI scores expire?
HESI exam scores are good for (1) calendar year.
9. What do I need to bring to the exam? What is provided?
You are required to present one valid, government-issued photo ID (e.g. driver’s license, passport). We will provide you with paper, a pencil, and there is a calculator integrated into the exam.
10. What time should I arrive for my exam?
Plan to arrive 30 minutes before the scheduled exam time to allow for check-in procedures. If you arrive past the exam start time, you will not be allowed to test and will forfeit the exam.
11. Reschedule/Cancel Policy
You may reschedule/cancel up to 48 hours prior to your exam – the exam fee may be used toward your rescheduled exam. If you cancel the day of or do not show up for your exam, your payment is non-refundable and unable to be used toward your next exam. This will be determined on a case-by-case basis.